I never know how to stir fry chives well… Feel like tonight I overcooked it again, but don’t have enough recollection of how the texture is really suppose to be when garlic chives are well prepared. Guess I will keep on trying until it tastes good to me.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of thick soy sauce *NOTE* only add if pork or beef are use (I used ground beef today, about 1/2 pound)
- 3/4 lb Chinese chive , Cut into 1 1/2 inch long
- Heat a wok or a pan on high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and chopped garlic and stir. when the garlic starts to brown. Stir in the meat , if use. Cooked until meat are done. Add the chive flowers and stir to cook them. Add fish sauce, thick soy sauce, black pepper and sugar. The chive shouldn’t take long to cook. You want it just right, but not overcook.
- IF YOU LIKE IT HOT, you may use dried red pepper