This dish was fairly simple and inexpensive, I can’t believe how flavorful it turned out. The white stuff on the bottom is rice noodles, mixed it with the left over sauce and little girl ate it up!
* 5 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-3/4 pounds), skin removed
* 5 teaspoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
* 1/3 cup warm water
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons orange juice
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons Korean Hot Paste
* 1 tablespoon white vinegar
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons cold water
* Hot cooked rice
* Sliced green onions
* In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. In a small bowl, whisk the warm water, brown sugar, orange juice, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, pepper flakes and five-spice powder.
* Pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is tender, turning occasionally.
* Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Garnish with green onions.