I saw some recipes online where people use round shaped tofu, it always intrigued me and wonder where do they get such cute looking silken tofu… Well apparently most Asian markets do carry them, I just never paid attention! It’s hard to see in the photo, but I actually bought a tube of silken tofu and laid them on the bottom layer, the shrimp were over cooked here (due to me re-steaming the finished dish the second time so hubby can come home to a hot meal). So if you are going to give this a try, make sure to not steam for over 15 minutes!
1 pkg Silken Tofu
10-12 large fresh Shrimp
1 ½ tsp (each) chicken flavored seasoning, soy sauce
2tsb chicken stock
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Slice silken tofu into 1 cm thick pieces. Cut off tips of scallions, rinse and thinly slice into pieces.
2. Remove shell and head from shrimps. Rinse well, butterfly the shrimp and remove guts, then place on top of shrimp.
3. In a bowl, crack the eggs and whisk together with 1 ½ tsp chicken flavored seasoning and some chicken stock. Pour egg mixture on tofu and shrimps.
4. Steam for 10-15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
5. Mix together 1 ½ tsp soy sauce with 1 tsp oil, and pour on the steamed tofu and shrimps. Garnish with thinly sliced scallions.
Adapted from :Vitasoy