This is a tried and true dish, I’ve cooked it about 10 times and the family always eat it up. Very low in calories and fat, but tons of flavor!
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 2 tablespoons sauce)
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green onions
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Combine 1/4 cup water, sugar, and fish sauce in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add lemongrass, garlic, and pepper. Cook 1 1/2 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add 1/4 cup water, onions, and fish, and cook over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once. Sprinkle with cilantro.