Did everyone have a great weekend? We did quite a bit of Spring cleaning, and I’ve decided instead of hiring the cleaning crew once a month, I will clean a part of the house each day, and just have the professionals work their magic on a quarterly basis. This way we should save some money to pay for the impossibly high gasoline, and I can further improve my domestic skills! Anyway, since we still have quite a bit of left over from Sunday night’s dinner, today I hand shredded the Rotisserie chicken to make tacos, and decided to make this easy and delicious soup. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 canned creamed corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Black or white pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoon diced imitation crab
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Bring the broth or stock to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the creamed corn and bring back to a boil (about 3 minutes).
2. Stir in the salt, sugar, white pepper, rice wine or sherry and imitation crab meat. Cook for about 2 minutes to bring back to a boil again. Turn off the stove.
3. Immediately pour the egg into the soup in a steady stream, and quickly stir in a clockwise direction until they form thin shreds.
4. Dash of black pepper for taste. Voila!
Adapted from About