I love cooking braised dishes, since there’s not much preparation, and once everything’s on the stove, it pretty much just does it’s thing, and in a couple of hours, the dish is ready!
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1-1.5 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 scallions, sliced
- In a medium size pot, combine the soy sauce, sugar, chili-garlic sauce, ginger, cooking wine, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the pork and toss to coat. Cook, covered, until the pork is tender, about 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with the scallions.I served mine over a bowl of clear noodles, coat with the left over sauce.