I wanted to try another method to cook the spare ribs, found this recipe online that calls for baking instead of braising. I didn’t marinate the ribs beforehand, took about 2 hours in the oven at virtually no work, and the end result was not too shabby!
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup white wine
- 1/8 cup pineapple juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon basil
- 2 racks of pork ribs
- In a bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, white wine, pineapple juice, garlic, gingerroot and parsley. Mix well.
- Separate 1/2 cup of marinade for basting later.
- Preheat oven at 300°F.
- Line bottom of broiler pan with foil. Lay baking rack on top and spray with cooking spray. Use cooking spray on another large piece of foil. Lay rack of ribs on foil, pour marinate on top and wrap up in foil to seal.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Remove ribs from foil and place directly on baking rack, meat side up. Pour reserve marinade over top of ribs. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes, until ribs start to brown nicely.
- Remove from oven.
- Let rack stand at room temp for 5 minutes before cutting into individual ribs.
Recipe adapted from RecipeZaar