Sorry for the lack of posting in the last few days, work has been swamped so I chose sleep over blogging late at night. Well the good thing is I didn’t let work get in the way of cooking, in fact I find food preparation so relaxing now a days, it’s really a good way to wind down after a busy day of designing!
1 1/2 lbs of chicken thigh
3 tablespoons roasted peanuts
3 red chili peppers (deseeded and cut into halves)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
5 slices peeled fresh ginger
2 gloves garlic (sliced diagonally)
1 green pepper, cut into large bite size
1 small onion, cut into large bite size
1 stalk scallion (chopped)
For the marinate:
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
1 teaspoon oil
For the sauce:
1 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon black vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon corn starch
- Cut the chicken meat into small cubes, rinse in water, pat dry with water and marinate with the ingredients above for 30 minutes.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat up a wok with one tablespoon cooking oil and stir-fry the marinated chicken until they are 70% cook. Dish out and set aside.
- Clean the wok and add in the remaining 1 tablespoons of cooking oil until it smokes.
- Add in the ginger and garlic slices and do a quick stir before adding in the red chilies.
- Stir fry the red chilies until aromatic and they smell spicy, toss in the vegi, stir fry for 2-3 minutes, then add in the chicken meat.
- Do a quick stir before adding in the roasted peanuts and continue to stir a few times.
- Add in the sauce and stir continuously until everything is nicely coated with the sauce.
- Add in the scallions and stir evenly.
- Dish out and serve hot with steamed white rice.
Adapted from Rasa Malaysia