Since the big can of crab meat is open and only 1/3 of it has been used, I decided to use the rest last night. My generous neighbor had mentioned he makes simple crab cakes, so I decided it’s time to give it a try. Gotta tell ya, these are almost as good as the ones from the restaurants that we pay top dollars for. Yum!
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned crabmeat, drained
- 2 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 10 buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) or regular dry bread crumbs
- Combine crabmeat, green onions, egg, mayonnaise, dry mustard, crushed crackers, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Form into 1/2 inch thick patties. Coat the patties with panko bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook cakes until golden brown on each side. Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot.
Adapted from All Recipes