Promised my little girl to enjoy the fresh air and play with her buddies (while I chat with my buddies: The Moms) this afternoon, I was looking for an easy chicken recipe for tonight’s dinner that doesn’t require a lot of preparation. This turned out real well, and I’ve decided baking is a great way to cook, pretty much just “Set It and forget It”!
1-1/2 pounds chicken tenders
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating
1/4 cup oil for pan frying
1.5 tablespoon soy sauce
1 .5 tablespoon water
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Dip chicken tenders in egg and coat with flour.
- 3. Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. pan fry chicken until medium brown. Place in a small baking dish.
- 4. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and salt. Pour over wings.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, basting wings with sauce often.
Adapted from All Recipes