Found some old Chinese cook books while visiting my parents last weekend, this dish is actually something we order in restaurants or serve for special occasions, but the recipe didn’t look difficult, so I decided to give it a try tonight. Wow, the sauce is soo delicious, even little girl didn’t complain about having her vegi…
- 20 Baby Bok choy
- 12 Dried Mushrooms
- 2tbs Olive Oil
- 3 tbs Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbs Sugar
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tbs corn starch
- Wash baby Bok Choy thoroughly
- Boil a pot of water, drop boy choy in for 1 minute then drain, rinse with cold water then dry
- Soak Mushroom in cold water for 1 hour, save the mushroom flavored water, after the mushrooms are soft, cut off the stem
- Heat up oil, stir in bok choy, add soy sauce, sugar chicken broth and mushroom flavored water, stir fry 2 minutes, take the bok choy out and place in plate in circular pattern. Stir mushroom into remaining liquid for 1 minute, take them out and plate in the center of the bok choy.
- Add a little water to the corn starch to dissolve, add into the remaining liquid until thickens, pour on top of the finished mushroom and bok choy.
Original Recipe: A Chinese Bookbook my Mama let me borrow.