Found some old Chinese cook books while visiting my parents last weekend, this dish is actually something we order in restaurants or serve for special occasions, but the recipe didn’t look difficult, so I decided to give it a try tonight. Wow, the sauce is soo delicious, even little girl didn’t complain about having her vegi…
- 20 Baby Bok choy
- 12 Dried Mushrooms
- 2tbs Olive Oil
- 3 tbs Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbs Sugar
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tbs corn starch
- Wash baby Bok Choy thoroughly
- Boil a pot of water, drop boy choy in for 1 minute then drain, rinse with cold water then dry
- Soak Mushroom in cold water for 1 hour, save the mushroom flavored water, after the mushrooms are soft, cut off the stem
- Heat up oil, stir in bok choy, add soy sauce, sugar chicken broth and mushroom flavored water, stir fry 2 minutes, take the bok choy out and place in plate in circular pattern. Stir mushroom into remaining liquid for 1 minute, take them out and plate in the center of the bok choy.
- Add a little water to the corn starch to dissolve, add into the remaining liquid until thickens, pour on top of the finished mushroom and bok choy.
Original Recipe: A Chinese Bookbook my Mama let me borrow.
4 Comments Add yours
hi! i want to make this recipe. i have two questions: do you know how much mushroom flavored water you used? second question: do you know how much water you used when you added the water to the corn starch to dissolve? i really am a newbie to cooking, so i am one of those who need step by step directions. haha thanks!
Hello there! I usually use enough hot water to cover the dried shitake mushrooms in a small bowl, maybe about 1/3-1/2 cup of water? As for the corn starch, 2 table spoons of water should be sufficient. Let me know how it turns out!
a great dish! we just love it! thanks for telling me the measurements. knowing me, i would have used 1 cup of water to dissolve the corn starch. haha thanks again for sharing your recipes!
Hahahah, yeah I think 1 cup of water might be just a tad too much! Glad this recipe worked well for you also!